History of Goa State Centre

Goa Sub-Centre of the Institution of Engineers (India) was started on 27th September 1974 under the guidance  of Late Er. B. R. Naique, FIE (Ex-Chief Engineer in PWD, Govt.  of Goa, Daman and Diu).The Sub-Centre was attached to IEI, Maharashtra State Centre.

Goa, Daman and Diu were under union territory of the Indian Union since its liberation till 30th May 1987 when Govt. of India declared Goa as separate State.

In 1987, Goa Sub-Centre was upgraded to Local Centre when the membership of Centre was around 200. AMIE examinations were started in Goa in 1988 for students appearing for the Section A & B examinations.

From January 1997, the Local Centre started publishing its Bulletin. This Quarterly Bulletin provided information to its members about various activities of the centre and also published technical articles of general interest.

Goa Local Centre was affiliated to Maharashtra State Centre.

In December 2008 Goa Local Centre was upgraded to Goa State Centre when the membership of Centre was around 800. The Centre has 1165 corporate members as on 31st March 2016.

This Centre has completed 42 years since its inception in 1974.

The present membership details of State Centre as on 31st March 2016 are as under,

Sr. No. Engineering  Division DIV Members
1 Agricultural Engineering Division AG 02
2 Architectural Engineering Division AR 02
3 Aerospace Engineering Division AS 02
4 Chemical Engineering Division CH 16
5 Computer Engineering Division CP 23
6 Civil Engineering Division CV 513
7 Electrical Engineering Division EL 157
8 Environment Engineering Division EN 06
9 Electronic &Telecommunication Engineering Division ET 68
10 Mechanical  Engineering Division MC 238
11 Metallurgical & Materials Engineering Division MM 12
12 Mining Engineering Division MN 50
13 Marine Engineering Division MR 65
14 Production Engineering Division PR 09
15 Textile Engineering Division TX 00
Total 1165